Saturday 21 October 2017

Atlas Stone

Lately, I've had a boulder
that I've taken everywhere.
Rested on my aching shoulder,
it's such a burden to bear.

But it has 'come a part of me
and so I cling to it like hell.
I feel as though it could be
the magic caster of some spell.

But day by day, I've felt strength wane
and the boulder's weight's increased
until I cannot take the strain,
the ache festering like yeast.

And so I've dropped it from my arms
but it's landed on my toes,
which seems to do even more harm...
I doubt the pain ever goes.

I've tried to lift the weight once more
but it was too heavy to take
and as it stays dead on the floor
my failing hands begin to shake.

And now my shoulders feel light
and my skin's no longer cut,
but I still have these hills to fight
and I still have a broken foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment