Friday 2 December 2011

The Thumping Under the Floorboards

The Devil came and whispered in my ear
about a demonic notion called lust
which taunts and teases me using my fear
and sets a plaguing rot into my trust
until all that I had once held dear
has disintegrated into coarse rust.

Now my demon is nailed under the boards
but at night I can still hear it creaking,
moaning for treatment in underground wards
apologising for ever speaking,
they say they are willing to work towards
releasing the soul that they are seeking.

When I notice that they have changed their tone
I shower them and then drop their towel
but they still haunt me with their calling moan
crying out in elongated vowels
which sends a chill down my every bone
and yet I am still enticed by their howls.

I am no longer scared of the voices
which whisper in the dead of the night,
much stronger is my fear of the choices
that I face now I've returned to the light
and the feeling that really destroys is
I'll never be able to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment