Monday 28 October 2013

Favourite LP

I've noticed you listening to my favourite LP;
I've often wondered if it conjured thoughts of me.
Honestly, I could not care less if it did or not,
it's just a mild but nagging curiosity.

Do those words hold any meaning to you;
those lyrics which have often defined all that I do,
or are they just some soulless sung sentiments
which I have desperately clinging on to?

I've noticed you listening to my favourite LP;
I've often wondered if it conjured a happy memory.
Do you attach the music to those missing moments
or am I just another meaningless mp3?

I remember the times I used to sing along
and you used to declare that it was our song
but now that we have gone our separate ways
repeating the lyrics just feels wrong.

I've noticed you listening to my favourite LP;
and I wonder how you have the audacity
to ruin something that I used to love so much
and leave its sleeve in our debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment