Tuesday 19 April 2016

Captain's Entry

I woke up this morning because there was nothing else to do
but gravity's grasp on my head
pulled my thoughts like a tidal shift
so I remained looking at the light
that squirted through the narrow slits in the blinds
like a gaping hole on a ship set for the ocean floor.

Accepting my fate I got out of bed and went to the door
to check if the letterbox held any hope
yet that too leaked
as saltwater coarsely collided with the back of my throat
so if this ship is incapable of being steered to safety
I might as well lock myself in and nail any gaps shut.

I woke up this morning because there was nothing else to do
and nothing of note happened
so I fell back asleep, content
with the fact that I still haven't drowned
and despite the uncertainty that the signals are reporting
I still refuse to sink.



No comments:

Post a Comment