Tuesday 19 July 2011

Cinematic Silence

Stirring from a dream, I headed downstairs.
I saw a light in the corner of my eye.
I turned to see it was a video
of my life passing by in double time.
I saw loved ones drop away one by one
like some skittles in a bowling alley
but all the while my character watched on
knowing he couldn't yet go down that valley.
It hurt all the more to feel that close
than it would to feel an absence of care,
for knowing how it is to love and be loved
makes the heart crave for love to be there.
Just as I wept, the film suddenly stopped,
the tape all tangled and knotted inside.
My motion picture yet to reach climax,
I wondered if my character had died.
I flicked off the screen that was showing static
and instead drowned in the silence's drone.
When I finally returned to my bed
I realised that I was all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment