Thursday 2 February 2012

Home on a Saturday Night

I am tired of social norms
and expectations,
to wear some lonely facade,
and fuel a life full of regrets and sin
with a poison which will destroy bodies,
destroy minds, and destroy relationships.
My friends ask me to 'get messy' and to 'play the field',
and yes there is something to be said
for the mess being in the field
but I like to stick to the path
and keep my soles clean.
I don't preach a life of abstinence,
but a life of control and recollection.
Pride always tastes better in the morning
than a headache and an upturned stomach.
Adam asked when did doing something
you'll regret become cool,
and I think that he hit the nail on the head.
I guess it's too bad
that people are too nailed and off their head
to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment