Sunday 16 October 2011

Monitor Illusions

I can see the reflection of your mouth
in the monitor of my computer screen
parting 
and converging
to mumble all the messages that you have sent
As you notice                                                                 
that I have noticed you
the corners of your rouged lips curve upwards
and the light that comes from your smile is so bright
I can no longer see your words.
But as I turn my head past my shoulder
to where your reflection stands
you are nowhere to be seen,
you're a ghost, a shadow,
a hidden file.
Yet, as I lower my hand towards my keypad
to reply to what you once told me
something stops my hand
and interlocks its fingers with mine.
                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment