Saturday 7 January 2012

500

Nervously walking through your inviting door
I am having second thoughts about this place
but I cannot plan my exit anymore
because you have already seen my face.

So I head towards you and greet you with a hug,
your touch lingering longer than I would dare
my hands webbing fitting your hips so snug,
the light bounces off your radiant glare.

It takes all of my strength to pull away
and now all of my doubts have left the room
leaving you and I alone to stay
where we can hold hands and watch our orchids bloom.

I head to the bar and buy us both a drink
whilst you briefly go outside to breathe the night,
from the doorway you give me a small wink
that upturns and sets my stomach alight.

We head back towards where we were just standing
as the band begins to play our dearest song,
our eye contact conveys an understanding
that for now this dance is where we belong.

When the song reaches its last, drawn out notes
we make our excuses for an early leave,
in an anxious haste we gather our coats
so we can share our hearts and interweave.

No comments:

Post a Comment