Thursday 5 January 2012

Resplendence Abuse

You flick your ashes in my direction
as your glowing embers waver and wane.
I tell myself it's a sign of affection
but I can't help but inhale your disdain.

It's like you can sense my addiction
and know that I need you like air in my lungs
but you are afraid of the conviction
that is brought by downcast eyes and eager tongues.

Lately I've been thinking that I would quit,
that I could cope without having my fix
but when another of your smiles is lit
I can't help but fall for all of your tricks.

So now I try to ease myself away
breathing in your scent less and less each week,
but that taste in my mouth continues to stay
and it makes it hard for me to speak.

I'm rid of your cancer but hooked on your cure
and I can't bring myself to break the use
so I will continue to feel impure
as you continue to sport and seduce.

I am ready to be rid of your tug,
I am finally ready to say goodbye.
Replacing you with a harder drug
is the only way I can feel Love's high.

No comments:

Post a Comment