Saturday 7 January 2012

Passing Songs

Dread fills my heart as a snippet of a resonate song
blares out from a builders old radio on my ascent of the hill,
the lyrics prodding me like impatient children who've waited too long
to see me shakily sing the words back agasinst my will.

They tell in part, a tale that I already know will come to be
but I convince myself it won't in order to ease my worries
however that short soundbite was enough for me
and the words come rushing back in tear-frenzied flurries.

When I get to the top of the hill, I look back down
and wonder what all the big fuss was about.
Here, where I can overlook all of the dots in my town
it is evident I was narcisstic in my doubt.

If the artist had once sung about those feelings
then in experiencing the sentement I am not alone,
deep down I know that time holds the ultimate dealings
so I may as well take the gamble when my hand is thrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment