Saturday 28 January 2012

The Winter Ends

Well lately I've been waking up
to dark skies and numb toes
and I haven't been finding the energy
to get out of bed,
it's like my blanket can protect me
from the prospects of real life.
The frost has been set for far too long
and as much as I find awe
in the scenes it creates,
the implications are becoming tiresome
and the novelty of beauty
wears off faster than the snow could melt.
I can't continue to stay home
with the upstairs light on
like that album cover
which I have worn out over winter months,
and although it speaks to me
it's all hitting a bit too close to reality.
I can't continue to be fuelled
by coffee and catharsis,
like I'm waiting out
for this bitter shift to end,
it's gotten to the point where I'm dependent
and in turn that makes me loathe myself.
I can't continue to write
about ideals and ambitions
which will never come into fruition
as much as people insist otherwise.
I can't continue to wait
to see what happens
when the winter ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment