Monday 5 March 2012

Entrance Fee: Dignity

Disorderly queues for overpriced clubs
which everyone visits yet noone really likes.
Fights breaking out between those by the exit;
probably over some accidental spillage
or a purposeful act of partner pillage.
Yes, everyone is looking to take their spoils
when there is oh so much to spoil,
spoilt for choice in a sea of rotten fish and sharks.

Small skirts, long waits,
tight tees, loose dates,
short change, tall drinks,
low standards, high jinks,
loud music, quiet stares
go down, upstairs,
strong shots, weak wills
heart pounds, head kills.

Everyone seems impressed that you put out
but I'm not impressed unless you see it out,
everyone around seems to be out on the pull
but all I ever want is for my heart to be full
and I know that I won't find that here
so I'm headed home once I've finished this beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment