Saturday 24 March 2012

Skint Spies

I grew fond of a light which shone in your eyes
thinking it showed the brightness of your soul
but the source of the shining was concealed by your lies
and the smile which they matched meant nothing at all.

Too often have I felt capable of knowing intentions
and judging people to be exactly how they are.
Too often have imperfections had mentions
and too often have they stretched just one lie too far.

So here is something else for prying eyes to haunt and hunt
I know that my words still fall on deaf but sharp ears,
I am sure you regret crashing in your untasteful stunt
but that is just the way that karma steers.

Keep on insisting to yourself that nothing is wrong,
and I will throw you two more coins to rub together
and watch the sparks fly from your forked tongue
until they frey the rope and our ties can sever.

So why don't you smoke on that?
I hope you choke on that.
I wish we never even spoke of that,
because all of the lies that I have heard
have forced my hand into some hostile words.

No comments:

Post a Comment