Sunday 27 March 2011

Finishing Time

The clock’s hands realigned with changing time
yet the glancing hands were unadvancing
and converged hands should be you and I merged.
Why can’t it chime whilst I’m still in my prime?

I think of you, and know your care is true
yet I can’t act on this heartening fact;
such tedious hours are rightfully ours
for we will rue all that we did not do.

My eyelids dance in a dazed dreamlike trance
for time does not pass in this irksome class.
My mind wanders whilst our time squanders,
I sit stagnant, patience a mere fragment,
not listening, my eyes stare, glistening.
 
Each moment is spent with my mind dormant.
Frustration mounts as wasted time amounts;
oh taunting clock, I yearn to hear it’s tock
to end the ennui and set me free
to go and spend time with you this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment