Sunday 27 March 2011

In Fatality, Yours

Dear beloved,
listen to me for the final time
as I depart with my final rhyme.

You shall now receive my love and last word;
if you have received this then the worst has passed.
My love I send you that you may keep it when I am unheard
and my council that you remember it when life has surpassed.

The pathetic and timid deserted us
and all others hath perished and plundered.
In this battle I was but a pawn
all of whom bustled and blundered.
I would not by my will present you with sorrows
let them go to the grave with me and be buried in dust
and seeing that it is not God’s will that I should see you tomorrow.
Bear life patiently, and with a heart like thyself you see why life is just.

Be not curious in unnecessary matters
for more things are shrewd unto thee than men understand.
Another’s life is more worthy than the latter’s
as I step into the abyss that is the unspoken land.

I was cast asunder, burned, buried and radiated astray
yet they that sow in tears shall reap joy.
In another life, at another consign thou shall find a way
to my devotion once again enjoy.

For although they have taken my life, they can never take my will
in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
My life and vigour they may kill
but no man can kill tomorrow.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
while the heart of the fool is in the house of leisure,
my heartfelt thanks for reading and one parting warning
do not over indulge in life and pleasure.

Fatally yours, as Darkness falls
..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment