Monday 21 March 2011

Repetitive Routes

This tiring path that I have been taking
is slowly corroding away,
and the shoes in which I walk are breaking
but I know that I will not stray.

I am running out of scenes to admire;
what is beautiful now seems bland,
for the freshest of flowers must expire
and paths don't always go as planned.

I look left and right, but find no resolve,
no direction on which I'm clear,
and whichever factor I may involve
fills me with irressolute fear.

I find myself longing for a brief rest
to stop and take my bearings
and then prepare for the final test
when I can assess my faring.

And so I grit my teeth for the last slog,
wading through uninspiring muck
until I am away from this numbing fog
and I have new scenes on which to look.



No comments:

Post a Comment