Friday 4 March 2011

Volcano

I'm growing increasingly wearisome
of the constant reminders
of all the things that I'm not.
Now, I know that I should talk
but it's pointless
when you can't understand my state of mind,
when you can't relate to this fastidious volcano
waiting to erupt at any given time.
The truth is, I'm not afraid of my demons.
I'm embarrassed of them.
I know them to be absurd figments of an overactive imagination.
Yet this shame stops me from confronting them more than fear ever would.
I can't fight these demons alone, I need you to know,
but you need to learn them for yourself.
If you see the demons with your own eyes, it makes me seem less irrational,
it makes me feel less shame.
I feel myself collapse at some things that you say,
and I try to keep the lava at bay,
but even if you don't yet understand,
please just smile and hold my hand
until the burning sense of pain goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment