Sunday 27 March 2011

The Storm

A tale of ups and downs like torrent waves.
Painful adieus that both can barely brave.
A loving reunion both hearts crave
will send these lovers to their early graves.


A sudden end that must tear us apart.
The black sky is the colour of my heart.
Just as we must do, the waves below part
but one’s coastal end is another’s start.

So distant yet we stare at the same sky
under this; we can never say goodbye
I would wait for you ‘til the sea would dry
if I never had to witness you cry.

The breeze leaves me a farewell, salt kiss
blowing away faces I’ll sorely miss
as the white cliffs escape, I reminisce.
Are you or I truly ready for this?

The moon hides his face in bashful despair
for he can see this parting is not fair
yet the moon does not see you standing there
by my side, hand in hand, wind in your hair

Our love is so strong that it knows no bonds
making entire oceans seem like ponds.
The miles could never drown out our sweet songs
or stop our ship sailing to the place it belongs

We do not belong in this cruel black world ,
unrelenting, salty snow white clasps curled
as broken timber, bones, and heart were hurled
as taunting lost dreams acerbically pearled.

This ultimate voyage will take us home.
Where this home is? Answers finally known
as our souls crash on rocks, violently blown.
Heavenly death, by your side, not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment