Saturday 26 February 2011

Desperate Measures

I’d carve your promises into my wrists
as a reminder of a love that’s dead,
I’d tear apart those lips that I had kissed
to avenge all the times that they had lied.

I’d rip out your tongue, and then watch you choke
just as you forced me to choke back my tears,
I’d make you scream for times you never spoke
until the ringing silence reaches my ears.

I’d devour your sorrow, tasting regret
that you failed to love the beast you awoken,
I’d haunt your happiness, not to forget
that I had once smiled, as now I’m broken.

I’d burn your façade so tears are but steam
so superficial beauty drips away,
I’d gouge out my eyes and in darkness dream
if it could convince your love to stay.

I’d steal sunlight and bring it back to your eyes
if I knew that it would make your smile true,
I’d plunge of off the Earth to my demise
if it made you see how much I love you.

I’ll do my best to realise your pleasure
For, through every hardship, your smile’s treasure,
I’ll keep you safe, in my arms, forever
as long as I’m saved from desperate measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment