Monday 28 February 2011

Contradictions

Contradiction of the soul
I feel alive but not quite whole.
Half of me feels light like day,
the other half as black as coal.

Contradiction of the mind
I look forward, but not behind.
Not able to see my way,
I don't know what I seek to find.

Contradiction of the heart,
is this the end or just the start?
I don't quite know how to say
when the time will come for me to depart.

Contradiction of my sight
I can see that there's something not right.
All vision in disarray
I yearn to return towards the light.

Contradiction of the sound
I hear silence whilst the world is around
I can't hear the words that you say
as my ears begin to grind and pound.

Contradiction of my touch
I can still feel but not too much.
All alone, but you will stay
I know your pity makes it such.

Contradiction of my taste
all I love has gone to waste.
All I do is sit and pray
for a new tongue to come in haste.

Contradiction of my smell
I sense your love, but not too well.
White nor black, your feelings grey
there are urgencies felt, which I cannot tell.

Contradicting right and wrong
you knew how you felt all along,
now I must sit and mould my senses into clay
and try to clarify this distorted song.

No comments:

Post a Comment