Monday 28 February 2011

Apples

I hold an apple in my palm
the silence surrounding,
the temptation is astounding,
it is hard to stay calm.

In the sun it sweetly glistens,
dark red, joyous to see,
yet I sense foreboding at its tree
as the silence listens.

What harm could come from its sweet taste?
Beauty holds no venom!
A dark presence about like a phenom
and so I don't decide in haste.

I feel perfection in its skin,
my choice it does prolong
and yet it somehow smells so wrong,
its juices oozing in sin.

Here, it still sits in my hand
like a grenade of war
destructive in its sweet galore,
it is gruesome yet grand.

I hold an apple in my palm
as the snake's seducing voice
hastens me into making a choice.
I hold an apple in my palm.

And I drop it to my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment