Monday 28 February 2011

I Want to Believe

I don't have much time
before I run out of breath.
There's something I must say
before I bleed to death.

Staining hollow white walls
in thick red blood I wrote,
telling you the brutal truth,
I leave a death note.

They have killed their own
for the sake of the others.
The government denies knowledge
in a covert alliance of covers.

Life slips through my fingers
painful and slow.
Realisation numbing my body
With my pulse growing low.

We're not alone,
the world must realise,
I left behind The Message
before all hope dies.

I want to believe
that this is a nightmare
whilst others want to believe
that life really is out there.

Life does exist beyond this world,
they will come, conquer, and kill.
Their masterstrokes are already commencing
along with the final strokes of my quill.

Ending with my signature
exposed for all to see
I left a note, thinking I'd die,
but my soul has not yet flown free.

No comments:

Post a Comment