Sunday 27 February 2011

...Into The Fire

Into the fire, escaping my fate,
an appointment with death is never too late.
The afterlife starts and things are anew,
with so much to see and so much to do,
As my body is engulfed by the flames,
an immortal soul is all that remains.
If this is the end, then why did I start?
This undying life is breaking my heart.
Is it worth trying?
Is life worth dying?

I seek your arms to break my fall,
should I acquiesce or do I stand tall?
Death chases the beginning right 'til the end.

Under the earth condemned to my hell,
my immortal soul is now but a shell.
Even in death you can’t really win,
a sick solution to this self slaying sin.
I sought to see this sadness depart,
but instead saw the serpent seize hold of my heart.
Helpless, in Hell, I have paid the price;

with an over-righteous mind, my pride is my vice.
Is it worth trying?
Is life worth dying?

I seek your arms to break my fall,
should I acquiesce or do I stand tall?
Death chases life 'til our dreams can't defend.

As it starts, I see hazed, the faces:
faces of things that will be.
As the embers die thin I remember,
remember that my own Hell chose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment