Saturday 26 February 2011

Words Like Velvet


Words like velvet, face like thunder,
the truth lies behind your rumbling tone.
The reason, I'm left to wonder
so how am I meant to atone
for this needless guilt trip I'm under?

In a sea that offers no disguise
when you frown at me I drown
under the storm of burning eyes.
Pushing down, you take my crown,
I see behind your waves of lies.

Like post eclipse sun, I find light,
I’m hard pressed to know detest
so heated that it takes my sight.
Not at best, my eyes need rest,
blinding me, the truth is too bright.

Where do I head? I find I’m lost,
feeling fazed my skies are hazed.
My stubbornness could come at cost,
stakes are raised; I’m never praised,
I want your warmth but get your frost.

Offer me your hand of reason
instead of pushing me further to sea,
together we could survive this stormy season
if only you could set me free
of this misguided sense of treason.

No comments:

Post a Comment