Saturday 26 February 2011

Splitting the Silk

I am a skilful spider
spinning my web inside her.
Few let my silk come too near,
though I’m feared my craft is dear.
Forever the outsider.
Pray, open your minds wider
for my image may invoke fear
but my craft, you should revere.

I’ve enticed you in, with my snare,
invited you into my lair,
injecting poison to your heart
so that you would never depart,
but my weak web will soon take wear
then take an age for it’s repair
a Sisyphean task, my art
for when it ends I must restart.

My patience perfects preparing prey
burrowing any that flies my way
expanding my web to the skyline
yntil, caught, you and I interwine.
Under my venemous bite you sway
collapsing our heavy hearts both fray.
My one tiny flaw in my design
in your fear, you could never be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment