Saturday 26 February 2011

Threading the Needle

In the eye of a needle greatness lies
and a thread of luck can easily snap
even when pushed through, the knot never ties
but I will try my best to suit that gap.

I’m threading my way to fixing my life
until the thread transforms into a snake
biting at my fingers with troubles rife
what kind of canvas can this artist make?

The snake wraps around my chest and smirks up;
does it stitch the pain or asphyxiate?
Whilst the artist cleans his brush in a cup
on the luring cobra’s glare I fixate.

The needles sting hides it’s black, yellow stripes
yet I see past its promising façade
of small chance of great prospects that it hypes
that if false would leave me stung, flawed, and scarred.

So do I, the snake and the wasp befriend
and thread my way to a canvas success
or do I avoid it’s sharp painful end
and find a new blank canvas to possess?

Within the eye of a needle lies fear
and a thread of luck can easily bite
the stinging of my mind shows it is clear;
embracing success is painfully right.

No comments:

Post a Comment