Friday 25 February 2011

Windows


The same transparency of glass, pure and clear lies
helps the light to shine shamefully through my casement.
An artificial shine like that of your eyes,
hiding your true emotions in the basement.

It was so clear that I looked right through the truth
past the polluted promises of deception.
Now the disease is spreading; my walls are uncouth 
and bleach will never cleanse people’s perceptions.

My eyes are the windows to my soul
whilst yours just tried to lead me to bed.
Too late to find out, I wish I was blind now,
you smashed my windows with a gaping hole.
To me, your soul is dead.
My eyes were sewn shut, now I guess I grew up.

I once looked into your eyes when you declared love
and I saw no warnings of a perjury.
I played into your hard-hearted hands like a glove
but is it my windows or yours that need surgery?

This summer I will open my windows and let
a beautiful breeze overcome my blindness
for I cannot live my life in a moral regret
I’ll find windows with understanding and kindness.

My eyes are the windows to my soul
and they will forever stay clean
I am not to blame, my soul will remain.
You repaired my windows, making me whole
I see the truth, serene
my eyes were sewn shut, now I guess I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment