Saturday 26 February 2011

The Divergence

I follow an elderly roman road

leaving behind splendour and ruin as I pass.
For, though straight, it has been a heavy load
of ups and downs, and memories at mass.

But then the road diverges into two
and I know not which path I must follow
for one is headed to start life anew
yet, leaving without you, I’d feel hollow.

The other road has been wandered before
and I doubt it leads to full potential
whereas the longer path is told in lore
to be full of joy and good credentials.

Could I not converge our routes to save choice?
for I feel the weight of choice in my heart
and should it be decided by your voice;
would you wish to stroll away and depart?

This straight roman road has lost it’s appeal,
it oppresses my liberty to roam
and so I must journey to where I feel
yet where my heart belongs still isn’t known.

Could we forever live in agreeal
that choosing the right path had chose our home?
Or would it be a regretful ordeal?
Above all, will this path be taken alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment