Thursday 24 February 2011

Death of Dreams

There is a place I visit in my sleep
which reminds me of what used to be.
My wounds are buried dark and deep;
Far too deep for others to see.

Punished for an uncontrolled rage,
hurt because of other people’s spite,
no longer reading on the same page,
both are convinced that they are right.

Previous promises are left in shatters,
the sharp fragments pierce my hope.
Now I feel like nothing else matters,
in this broken nightmare I cannot cope.

Mutual trust replaced by mutual disgust,
mutual aspirations can no longer mend.
Lovers lose passion, their bond begins to rust;
their mutual love has come to an end.

I’m no longer sure what is right;
has life as I know it truly gone?
Do I intend to rekindle the light
or do I wish to move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment